We respect your right to privacy. We aim to be fully transparent about the data we collect, why we collect it, the tools and services we use to run this website, how we protect the data we collect, and your rights when you provide date to us.
We collect some personally identifiable data and use various tools to provide the functionality of this website. Our promise to you is:
- We will only collect the absolute minimum data required to provide service to you
- We will limit the amount of data provided to third parties, and only to share what is needed to provide the functionality of their service
- We do not share or sell any of your information for the purposes of advertising or marketing
- We will not track your activity on other websites or devices
- We allow you to opt out of data collection or to request that we delete your data
Personal information we collect and how we use it
We collect or track personal information through the following methods
- Cookies – to store information about your browsing session
- Contact and comment forms – to collect feedback from website visitors
- Online Store – information to remember what products you’ve added
- Website analytics tools – to record generalized data about website visitors. This allows us to get a high-level overview of traffic on the site.
This stores cookies on your local device to be able to know who you are, and how you’ve interacted with this website
- For registered users of the website – we store a cookie when you log in to store your authentication details. Read more: WordPress cookies
- For our online store, we store cookies that contain information about your cart, and unique code to identify you in our orders database. No personal information is stored within these cookies. Read more :
- Google Analytics stores cookies to remember what a user has done on previous pages / interactions with the website. Read more: Google Analytics cookies usage
Contact and Comment Forms
We allow you to provide feedback to us via the Contact form and through comments on articles. When you submit feedback through the contact or comment forms, the information you submit will be submitted to the Akismet service for anti-spam filtering purposes. We will not use this info for any other purpose than to contact you about your inquiry.
Google Analytics – website visitor analysis
This website uses Google Analytics to track:
- Page views – the URLs of the pages you visit on this website
- Clicks on:
- internal links (within this site)
- outbound links (links to other websites)
- email links
- file downloads
- Search queries
- search terms used on our site’s internal search function
- search terms used on Google search that result in a visit to our website
- Warning and error messages – so we can troubleshoot any site issues
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide the following information:
- your name
- billing address and/or shipping address
- email address
- phone number
- credit card/payment details
- account information like username and password
We’ll use this information to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as collecting sales taxes
In order to provide certain e-commerce functionality, the following information may be shared with third parties:
- For payment processing: purchase total, currency, billing information are sent to Stripe.
- For calculating sales taxes: the value of goods in the cart, value of shipping, destination address are sent to TaxJar.
- For calculating shipping rates: destination address, purchased product dimensions, weight, and quantities are sent to Canada Post.
How we protect your data
We are proactive in taking measures to protect your privacy.
- All traffic on this website is uses secure connections via HTTPS – which means that all data travelling between your browser and our server is encrypted.
- We use Let’s Encrypt to provide us with a security certificate that’s always up to date with the latest security protocols.
- We anonymize all of the IP addresses collected by Google Analytics
- We perform an audit of our website configuration every 6 months to ensure we’re not collecting any personally identifiable data other than what is absolutely necessary to provide the services of this website.
How long we retain your data
- All Google Analytics data is automatically deleted after 26 months
- We audit our customer database every six months, and anonymize all order and customer data for customers who have not ordered from us in the past 18 months.
- Comments posted on our articles, once approved, will remain published unless we receive a request to delete them
- Contact information submitted via our contact form will be retained indefinitely unless we receive a request to delete it.
Opting out of data collection
If you do not wish your session on this website to be tracked, we understand.
This website is configured to respect the Do Not Track header which can be set in most modern web browsers. If we receive the Do Not Track header from your browser, we will not embed any tracking code into the website, and will not store cookies.
Note that our e-commerce functionality requires some data to be collected, as detailed previously in this document. If you block cookies some of this functionality may be degraded or non-functional.
Lastly, if you wish to have any of your collected data deleted, please contact us, and we will comply with your request.